Saturday, November 15, 2014

My attempt at blogging

Well, this is it! My first time blogging and I hope that I can make this an outlet that will help me share my thoughts and, as a new photographer, my pics for you to enjoy!
I'm mostly doing this to share my pics with my family and loved ones. I will try to post something at least once a week to keep this up to date. Hopefully, you will enjoy the pictures as much as I do!

Ps. I read a poem several years back titled, 'The Dash', and this poem was sort of a wake up call for me.  If you're interested, go to this link: http://www.linda-ellis.com/the-dash-the-dash-poem-by-linda-ellis-.html
After reading this poem, I always end my messages with 'Make it count.' The 'it' I'm referring to is the dash between your years. Don't waste your time worrying about how many diplomas you have, how many accounts you closed, how big, or in my case how small (haha), your bank account is! At the end of our lives what will matter is how we spent that dash... What should matter most is the impact we left on those who made our dash mean something. For me that's my family! I love them all more than they can ever imagine.

1 comment:

  1. Very well said. The "dash" IS our life and as our friend Shannon would say, "Honey, this ain't no dress rehearsal". Looking forward to enjoying your beautiful photos and our lovely Florida.
    "Margaret"

    ReplyDelete