Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Great news from my sister!!!

My sister called me last night with a major announcement! She's a CPA!!!!!!!! She did it! All the hard work, long hours at the library, at work, at home studying have paid off for her. She has reached a goal she set for herself and I just couldn't be any prouder than I am right now. It wasn't easy for her but I admire her determination and her will. She never once considered giving up. She said she was gonna be a CPA and she did it!
Our dad passed away almost 18 years ago next month so, these news are kinda bittersweet... I'm overjoyed with her accomplishment but sad that it's yet another life event that my father has missed. I know in my heart that if he were here today, he would be smiling ear to ear and telling everyone he came in contact with that his baby did it! That his daughter is a CPA. I know he's looking down on her from Heaven and is proud of her. I know that in my heart!
Nevertheless, my heart is happy to know that she is happy. It's so very comforting to know that my baby sister is an independent, self-confident woman. She will be able to fend for herself and, as a woman, that bring so much satisfaction. 
I pray for my siblings every day. I'm the oldest of five siblings so I've always felt a sense of responsibility for all of them. I feel responsible for setting an example and being there for all of them. I might not have always been the best sister around but I sure have tried. Seeing them thrive makes me the happiest sister in the world! I wish them nothing but the best!!!! I love them more :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment