Sunday, November 23, 2014

Still learning

I took time this week to capture some pictures, just haven't edited them completely yet. I started reading a book by Bryan Peterson, 'Understanding Exposure,' to get some direction... My husband and I are planning on taking a photography class at the local college so that we can make better, educated, decisions while taking pictures. We have a love for photography and we can certainly appreciate others' work but struggle to sometimes get out of 'auto' mode because we really and truly don't know what we are doing with our camera. But that will change, soon! We continue to go out and take pics because we love the outdoors and the beauty that comes with it.
Today, I spent several hours photographing my niece!!!! She is only six weeks old so she is perfect to help me practice and I get to spend time with her. It's a win-win situation if you ask me!
I can see myself really getting into this... The time spent with my niece today was therapeutic for me. While I'm capturing moments that catch my eye I'm not spending time worrying about little things, like I'm known to do. I'm so glad that my husband and I had a talk a couple of months ago where he pointed out that I needed an outlet. I hope that my pictures bring you as much enjoyment as they have brought me while taking them.
Below is a sneak peek of what I'm working on right now:



No comments:

Post a Comment